Month: May 2018
BPI Sports co-founder, James Grage uses bands workouts to stay fit wherever he goes. Join him as he shows you why there’s never a good excuse to skip a workout when you have bands and a couple of good places to hang them. Watch the videos and follow along as James takes you through the paces of a total body workout using only resistance bands.
Note that James uses his signature 20-10-10-15 rep structures, training the same way he would train in the gym with weights, only with bands.
BANDS WORKOUTS TIPS:
- Shorten the band for more tension.
- Lengthen it for lighter resistance.
- Results come from those moments when you’re really uncomfortable, then having the ability to push yourself past that.
JAMES GRAGE’S SIGNATURE SET STRUCTURE:
- Set One: 20 reps – First, use a comfortable resistance that allows you to perform 20 reps with perfect form.
- Set Two: 10 Reps – Then, increase the resistance. You should be struggling to get the 10th
- Set Three: 10 reps – Maintain the resistance.
- Set Four: 15 reps – Finally, return to the original resistance. This is the sprint. Use good form and make sure you get that extra squeeze at peak contraction. Do this explosively.